Monday, September 26, 2016

Melody's Echo Chamber



G'day! I've been working on a couple more quick little album reviews to try and share with you guys what music I've been listening to which is really what I do when I'm not riding or binge eating. I like to keep these short and simple so you don't have to wade through a cuntload of my shitty opinions, but hopefully help you get some fresh goodness for your ear holes.

Okay, so, it's not often I listen to a slow album and like it. Normally I find slow pop/rock/folk music pretty boring and a bit of an awkward listen, it just never seems to work with the mood I'm in. With that in mind I was honestly a bit surprised with how much I enjoyed Melody's Echo Chamber, a self-titled album from the French artist who toured with Tame Impala back in 2010. Maybe it's the relaxed, psychedelic vibes that are indicative of Tame Impala's Kevin Parker's contribution to the album but for some reason every time I listen to the opening track, I Follow You, I feel like I should be sitting in a mates yard on a Sunday afternoon talking shit and getting pissed. It's a good vibe and the whole album carries this relaxed but upbeat tempo throughout. Even the middle of the album where the lyrics are in french and the tunes get a little more muddled is trippy enough to encourage you through your second or third six-pack and well into the last couple of tracks which are strange, upbeat and unintelligible, in exactly the way you want. This is an excellent treat of an album and whilst it's a couple years old now, if you haven't heard it you definitely should get into it!

Peace, Brento

No comments:

Post a Comment